Contemporary circus is a blossoming sector despite diverse levels of recognition in Europe and an unequal distribution of higher education opportunities. Its cultural players are faced with many challenges:
– emerging circus creators have to integrate a very tight labor market, in a difficult economic environment. As artistic creators, they are also “multi-hats” project leaders;
– cultural operators must support these emerging creators in all dimensions of their endeavors (artistic creation, production, structuration, communication, …).
Two observations are the starting point of the circusnext+ project:
– emerging circus creators have sometimes difficulties in bridging the gap between the notion of “authorship” and that of entrepreneurship,
– cultural operators must develop their skills to support and raise the awareness of these emerging creators.
Our objectives are as follows:
– development of an entrepreneurial spirit and related skills by contemporary circus creators,
– competences development of cultural operators who accompany circus creators in Europe,
– experimentation of an innovative way to raise the profiles of artists and operators through a genuinely European cooperation and concerted support for the artists.
– joint staff workshops for the partners’ support staff: practices exchanges, development of a common knowledge, transmission by external experts;
– collective labs for the selected creators: collective explorations of artistic writings, mentoring and support;
– artistic team workshops: artistic research and project development as project leaders;
– evaluation and documentation of the project to share our journeys and the development of our practices.